Thursday, June 10, 2021

~UPCOMING CHANGES~

ON HOLD! I am working on whether or not I need to change my business name or not. I’d rather not, was ready to, got the name/domain but alas…I just really like it so I’m testing some waters. Will update soon! 

Have faith…it’s all good. :)

~Danya

~~~


❤️ In the coming months, I am changing the fabulous name of my business from, The Sultry Gypsy Herb Co....To Artemis Herb Co.Link for Artemis Herb Co! (sad I know) 😔. Big hard changes may be necessary to adapt to the world as it is. 

It’s not as though I don’t love the name, I truly do. It’s been a name that spoke to my heart and came from me to the world, but in the spirit of being sensitive to cultural shifts in our consciousness the word ‘gypsy’ is less and less considered respectful or politically correct, to use that annoying term properly. Read links below. 
Overall most people have responded very positively to the name over 9yrs in business. But a couple of times it came up that it was considered an outdated or inappropriate name.
So the last thing I would ever do would be to participate in the degradation of any cultural group, period. I still relate to the word, people in the past thought of me as a gypsy soul (read my piece on it here 'The Gypsy Thing') and have called me one for years, plus as a mixed Armenian woman there is a long history of the Roma/Lom being in Armenia and assimilating quite well to where it was hard to distinguish them from Armenians.  Armenia may have been one of the only countries to fully accept the Roma/Lom people and not persecute them. Many were run out with many others by the Seljuk Turks.

Link about: Armenian Lom aka 'Gypsies'

Nevertheless I want to be respectful as well expand the business to go beyond me and my experiences, out to the world and feel that Artemis Herb succinctly does that. Or more so.

So changes will be occurring over the next few months as I sort out all the logistics of a name change. I have changed it with the city/country and got the website years ago for the new name, but for now it’s still The Sultry Gypsy Herb Co. 

Soon....it will transform, grow and expand into something hopefully more exciting. I will be adding new products & even considering taking several popular remedies now and turning them into pill form for longer lasting results.  We'll see!

Cheers and than you for sticking with me! If you have any ideas you'd like to see, reach out~ :)

❤️Danya

No comments:

Post a Comment

10th Year Anniversary in Stores~Sale to Celebrate!

Hello Folks! Happy Fall  Ever typical of me, late late late... The 10th year anniversary of my business getting into it's first stores, ...